Expanding the knowledge of Infection Preventionists and enabling best practice sharing is critical to creating a safer environment for patients. To help facilitate learning and sharing, Diversey is pleased to offer Educational Scholarships to attend the 2019 APIC Conference in Philadelphia, PA.
Diversey will be awarding 25 US Scholarship Awards and 2 International Scholarship Awards. Each recipient will receive $1,000 towards expenses to attend the APIC Conference June 12-14th in Philadelphia, PA.
From a pool of applicants, Diversey will select 25 domestic and 2 international individuals to receive $1,000 to apply against travel and conference expenses.
To be selected you must be:
• Currently working in the Infection Prevention arena.
• Demonstrate your active engagement in an area of healthcare associated infection prevention and epidemiology by briefly sharing a key project.
• To apply, please visit http://solutionsdesignedforhealthcare.com/2019-apic-scholarship-application
• Application deadline: Friday, April 12th, 2019
• Winners will be notified: Friday, April 23rd, 2019
• Contact Larinda Becker (Larinda.Becker@diversey.com) or Annah Burns (Annah.Burns@diversey.com) with any questions
Registration has opened for the next ICRA 8 hour Awareness Class in San Diego on May 3rd at the San Diego Training Center. We would love to have you or anyone from your facility join us for a fun interactive day of ICRA training as it relates to construction and maintenance inside healthcare facilities. The class usually has a good mix of construction, facilities and Infection prevention professionals. The class is free with all supplies, Light breakfast and lunch provided. I have attached a class flyer and included a direct link to sign-up.
Infection Prevention Community,
This is an initial SAVE THE DATE announcement for the Annual Vector-Borne Disease and Zoonotic Meeting on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 from 8:30-12:30. The meeting will take place in the Coronado Room at 3851 Rosecrans St., San Diego, CA 92110.
There will be several presentations covering major areas of vector-borne diseases and Zoonosis that occurred during the 2018 Calendar year and in preparation for the upcoming 2019 Vector Season. More details regarding the meeting will be sent at a later date.
Please RSVP to Lourdes Garber at Lourdes.Garber@sdcounty.ca.gov.